What partner doesn’t want to regularly hear something loving, positive or romantic from their mate? We all do! In fact, there is a Japanese proverb that says a sweet word will warm three winters. If that’s the case, imagine what a 140-character tweet or short text message could do for you and your mate!
Below is a list inspired mostly by Gregory J.P. Godek’s 10,000 Ways to Say I Love You. Over the next month, send one message to your partner each day. Warning: if your tweet says you will do something, be absolutely sure to follow through with that action, or risk turning your positive into a negative.
Who knows what difference a month’s worth of Tweets or texts can make in your relationship?
- Dear (Nickname), Thank you for …(e.g. all the support you have given me)! Love, Your One and Only
- My happiest memory with you is…
- Riddle me this…
- Looking forward to a fun time on (Halloween/Thanksgiving/Holiday)!
- I miss you!
- “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” ~John Ruskin // love becoming a masterpiece with you!
- Let’s have dinner/lunch at the best-kept secret restaurant…today!
- Picnic, blankets, delicious food and just us at (name of park) at (time). See you there!
- I’m so proud of you for…
- Happy 50th Anniversary—45 years (or however many years away it actually is) early!
- I have tickets for: Dinner for Two at Home (formal attire required)
- I’m sorry for…
- Can I pick up anything for you or the kids on my way home from work today?
- I love you forever and a day.
- I first fell in love with you when…
- Can’t wait to see you!
- I admire your…
- Let’s make our relationship even better by … (attending a class for couples)
- “I love you.” French: “Je t’aime”; Hawaiian: “Aloha wau ia oe”; Italian: “Ti amo”; Japanese: “Ai shite imasu.”
- The best song that describes the way I feel is …
- “Two heads are better than one” and that is why I think we make a great team!
- Quote lyrics from your special song.
- “However rare true love is, true friendship is even rarer.” ~La Rochefoucauld // And we have both!
- Let’s go to a couple’s communication class because I want to work at making our relationship even better!
- I’ve declared today is Wife/Husband Appreciation Day! Watch out!
- We’re watching a movie tonight! Your choice!
- How sweet it is to be loved by you!
- What do you need from me today?
- Let’s pretend it’s 2024. My fondest memories with you would be…
- Soon we will see each other and be in each other’s arms!
- “A happy marriage has in it all the pleasure of friendships, all the enjoyment of sense and reason—and indeed all the sweets of life.” ~Addison
Written by Lucinda Loveland – Copyright (C) 2012 Healthy Relationships California