Whether you’re in a new dating relationship, engaged or married for years, one of the fundamental elements of a solid relationship foundation is communication. Lisa Brookes Kift, MFT, fellow healthy marriage supporter released signs of a great relationship
The following tips can only help to improve communication and thus the quality of your relationship.
- You tell each other when something is bothering you.
- You don’t criticize each other.
- You’re not defensive with each other.
- If you have a misunderstanding you try to work it out instead of shutting down.
- In an argument, you work to understand what’s really going on emotionally for each other.
NEXT STEPS FROM HRC
- Find a Relationship Education class or retreat in California
- Learn more about Mastering the Mysteries of Love to enhance your communication with your partner